You have likely been overwhelmed with messages from various organizations on how they are dealing with the outbreak of COVID-19. The Lenexa Historical Society board and staff would like to assure you that we are also taking the necessary steps to keep our visitors safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We are using World Health Organization, Center of Disease Control, and American Alliance of Museums suggestions on cleaning museums in a way that will keep both visitors and artifacts safe. This includes sanitizing items that are touched by visitors, such as stair and door handles, cleaning exhibit cases, and keeping up with hand washing.
As of this point, the Lenexa Historical Complex will keep to its normal operating days and times. The only changes that you will see within LHS as of this point are:
- A pause on large group tours
- Postponed board meeting
- A delay on research requests due to staff redirected to deal with cleaning and sanitizing.
- * If you sent us a request recently, please be patient and we will get back to you as soon as we are able to
Keep in mind that the best way to keep yourself safe is to keep yourself educated and informed. Below is a short list of websites to visit for information and updates. The top site is for the City of Lenexa and their updates to the outbreak on a local level.
- City of Lenexa COVID-19 Information & Resources
- World Health Information on COVID-19
- Center of Disease Control COVID-19 Information & Updates
Remember to wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds with soap and water! This is your greatest line of defense! Let’s keep our community strong and help each other out. We’re in this together.