Welcome to the Lenexa Historical Society. We are a member based 501(c)3 non-profit founded in 1974. Our mission: We encourage community involvement and are dedicated to the appreciation, preservation, and promotion of Lenexa’s Historical Heritage. How we do this: We host educational meetings, participate in community events and festivals, and bring local history to Lenexa's schools through the City's "Learning About Lenexa" program. We also partner with the City regarding Lenexa's history museum: The Legler Barn Museum and Lenexa Frisco Train Depot, which displays local area history and artifacts, engaging exhibits, and includes a local historical research library.
Scroll down for upcoming events, exhibits, and museum hours.
Upcoming LHS Events (see Events Calendar
for more info):
Friday/Saturday, Oct. 14/15, Lenexa Chili Challenge
Join us Friday evening as a guest of the Lenexa Historical Society at the
30th Anniversary of the Lenexa Chili Challenge.
Lenexa Historical Society (LHS Chilis) Booth #1
(near corner of Pflumm Rd. and Santa Fe Trail Drive -- in front of Bulk It and Velo Bike stores)
Social evening | Friday, Oct. 14, 2016, 6 p.m.
- Public invited to LHS booth #1 for delicious chili (until it runs out) and frienship
- (compliments of the Lenexa Historical Society)
- Bring a chair and cozy up around our fire pit for some cider, hot dogs, and CHILI
- At 8 p.m. enjoy the City of Lenexa's Fireworks in the Sky
Competition day | Saturday, Oct. 15, 2016, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Try our award winning Chili and sample our Spinach Salsa - best in town!
- Volunteer to help pass out chili samples to the public
- Enjoy some of the Lenexa Historical Society famous brownies
and remember ... "I LIKE CHILI & LENEXA"
This is a FREE event and the everyone is welcome. Please bring a friend!
See Events Calendar
for more info